Our Normal

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Kiley's broken arm

For those of you who follow me on FB you already know, Kiley broke her arm today. We were at the ice rink and just hanging out till I needed her to warm up before practice. She spotted some friends and started walking toward them to give them a hug. She tripped over her sister's feet causing her to fall. I watched the whole thing, she fell straight onto her left arm, she didn't try to stop herself by putting her hands out (maybe a good thing). As soon as I took one look at her arm I knew it was bad :( I had the employee's call 911 since I was there alone with 4kids. My mom showed up to take the 3 other kids, I went with Kiley via ambulance to the hospital, Chris met up down there. The whole time she was crying because she wasn't going to be able to Ice Skate, talk about dedication! They gave her morphine on the way to the hospital and once at the hospital they gave her Tylenol with codeine. 3 Xrays latter they confirmed it was broken. She broke both bones in her left arm completely, they had to set her arm. To do this they gave her a sedative, to be honest she is quite funny when she is all loopy. She called *mommy* about 10 times even though I was right by her and talking to her. She has a temporary cast and will see Ortho either tomorrow or Monday to get a full cast. She is requesting a water-proof cast, that is PINK!!! Poor kid will be out of ice skating for some time. Here are a few pic's of Kiley at home, once the cast is on I will post again.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home