Our Normal

Friday, July 10, 2009

and it doesn't get better.......

Today I called many different Ortho offices to get Kiley seen. She (nor I) slept last night. She needed better pain control. Well I ended up taking her to a walk in Ortho no one else could see her till Monday afternoon. They took her partial cast off and x rayed it. Well it was not the news we wanted to hear......Kiley's bone is at a 17degree angle, meaning not straight. So what are they going to do for her? She will see a Dr on Monday morning. Most likely he will schedule her for surgery, she needs to be sedated again to set it again.

How do we feel about this? Well I have concerns if its popped out of place once again? What will stop it from doing it again only causing her to have it rebroken and set again? I am wondering if a pin would be a better choice, but the Dr will let us know what he thinks.

Pain med's: We had Tylenol with Codeine but it wasn't giving her much relief. Today she was given Vicodine (liquid) but like her daddy it didn't give her any relief at all. So here we are she is laying next to me crying her arm hurts. I am off to tend to her.......lets hope we get some sleep tonight! Guess we might take a trip to the ped's in the morning...............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home