Our Normal

Friday, August 28, 2009

First day of school


With the first week of school done I am just now posting first day pictures! Monday went well, kids were excited to go to school, Michaela was a tad nervous for her first day of middle school. The day went well from what everyone said. Brycen seems to love his Teacher Mr. V and has many of the same friends from last year. Kiley has a bunch of good kids in her class and I think Mrs. H was totally the right teacher for her. She has eaten lunch with friends and their parents a few times this week (I went up twice). I have already spent the day volunteering, this time for Kiley's class.
Tyler will start speech on Monday, he will go to the school Monday and Wed mornings for speech. I am a tad worried about illnesses this year so we'll see how much we are really there. Last year the speech teacher came to school, even when she was sick.
As for how the first week went with Michaela, things seem to be going well. She already has a few grades (all A's of course...lol). Things seem to be going well, and I think this is all I can ask for at this point. We will keep trucking forward and hope and pray that everyone "gets it" and that the failures that happened last year will not repeat itself. I need to keep reminding myself that this is a new school, new teachers and new staff, its a new start. As for meetings 2 & 3 they went well, all the teachers seemed very receptive and understanding and willing to make the changes needed to keep Michaela safe. No one seemed to act like this was such a big deal and that it was going to cause major problems. The 3rd meeting was about her 504 plan, a few changes this year that in away I am happy about but it also places concerns. I am sure nothing will happen and that all will be fine with FCAT testing.
So all in all a great first week!! Who could ask for anything more?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home