Our Normal

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Tyler's button


Tyler has a button (Gtube, feeding tube whatever you chose to call it), that we have been trailing. The button we have been useing is called "ELF" Enteral Leak-free Feeding. Up until I contacted Mr B about this product we had been useing a Mic-Key. We had lots of issues with that tube, Grandulation, leaking, feeding the bed (yes that is fun), etc. In July of 2007 we started useing the ELF button and what a change it made. No leaking, no feeding the bed, no grandulation! We have been useing this button since. We once had to go back to a Mic-Key because of not having a back up at that time, and let me tell you was I glad and so ready to change him back to the ELF when it showed up. Saddly while in the hospital with Tyler last week I got an email from Mr. B, telling us that he was leaving the company and as of now we would have to use up what supplies we had and go back to another button. At this point the company doesn't have anyone to take over this project. We are truely sadden by this and will use every last extension to its fullest! We do wish Mr. B and his family the best and hope this change is everything for you and your family.
We go back to see GI in Nov, at that time I will be asking for a script for a new button, I really don't want to go back to the Mic-Key as it seems to cause so many problems. Although I do have a few back up ELF's I know the day will come when I will need to use another companies button. So better to be prepeared then not to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home